My first hiking experience

Broga Hill ,9 August 2015

12.30 am
My phone vibrated.It was my cousin, Adha,He reminded me of our plans.I said, I had googled the path to Semenyih. It took an hour to reach there.I could felt he was worried to take me there.He also asked whether I'm on my period (privately of course,I felt shocked by the question but man,he really cares A LOT).My brother got back home late that night,and they would need a couple minute of rest.I said to him to wait for us.

1.30 am
We went to Section 7,S.Alam to pick up my cousins.I fill my tummy with a glass of hot milo. The most carbs I could digest in the early morn.Then,we packed our belonging and headed to Semenyih.

3.15 am
We sat calmly inside our car,the ambiance was serene.The road lamp toward the destination seems to be gloomy as we enter deep into the palm oil plantation. I gulp my saliva,while trying to remember some zikr in my mind.This is it..I had jog everyday to keep my stamina within the guys pace.At least to half of their level.I hope it works.

4.15 am
Arrived at the foothills of Broga,The soil wasn't wet (which relieved my worries).They positioned me at the center,between five of us.(The toilet charge was RM1 per person.Pricey meh.You should stop at the nearby oil station to chill a lil bit).

4.30 am
In one line,we began to hike.It was fun and thrill,I must say,I was lucky we got to hike when it still dark.Due to psycho effect,I  kept walking ahead and forgot to turn back cause I was scared.My hearts beat so fast I couldn't remember if the rate shoot up to max level,I should carry one of the gadget that helps to detect your heart rate,so you could slow down your move when it went too much.We did stop at some point to catch a breath.

5.00 am
On top of the first mountain.I do an 'air' high five with them.Didn't expected I was still alive. hahah.Don't have much time.I suggest we went up to the next hill.

5.10 am
We had reached into the second hill.Record our time.40 minutes!!.We arrived early,and find a good spot to wait for sunrise.Indeed!! it was a perfect view.We also had the chance to perform our subuh prayer on top of the hill! What a wonderful experience.

Wait...it doesn't stop right there.They had another plan which I don't know why..did I agreed to it.We went to 'Sungai Tekala' .Unfortunately,it was closed due to some case of 'leptospirosis'.I could felt their disappointment there,but we spotted a beautiful dams along the road to exit from Semenyih .Not long after that, we saw a sign to Sungai Gabai 12 km ahead!! what!! 'who vote to do some random activities today!'. Again....I raised my hand and gave my full support to them,though I didn't bring an extra cloth.Why not?? You rarely have every Sunday to enjoy moments like that. hehe

It was the day we decided to hike a hills/mountain once a year.And the group stay on 'whatsapp' to be active again next year. hahaha.Can't wait for the next trip!

Broga acik kau-lah
the beautiful dams we stumbled into

till we meet again:D












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ubat selsema

part 4:masjid dan makam imam syafi'e

part 1:masjid imam 4 mazhab